We Are Hiring
Trainee Accountant opportunity
A P Robinson and Co are looking for an enthusiastic college leaver to join the firm as an apprentice and begin their exciting career as a chartered accountant.
- You will receive supported training to become a chartered accountant with one of the most advanced learning and professional development programmes available. The route offered is often regarded as being much quicker than attending university.
- One to one support from a qualified, senior accountant who will help to train you and develop your skills.
- Working in a relaxed office environment with a team of friendly colleagues.
- Being paid while training.
- Getting involved with clients from day 1, forming relationships with small and medium sized business owners.
Skills and qualities we are looking for:
- You will need to be hardworking, driven and highly self-motivated with a passion for what you are doing.
- Friendly and positive demeanour to fit in with the firm’s culture.
- Good time keeping skills to ensure deadlines are met as well as to maintain a high standard of punctuality.
- High attention to detail.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Must be able to communicate in an effective manner, being confident with making phone calls and writing emails.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- The office operates in a paperless manner, meaning IT literacy is essential as computers form an integral part of the working day.
A P Robinson and Co is a growing but well established firm of Chartered accountants with offices in both Grimsby and Barton-upon-Humber. The firm boasts an excellent reputation as well as a diverse range of clients both locally and nationally. The firm was originally set up by Andrew Robinson over 25 years ago. Andrew still manages the firm now along with 2 additional partners who both trained and qualified here and helped grow the business to what it is today. The firm has adopted a relaxed, caring culture that has adapted throughout the recent Covid-19 pandemic to become a more flexible, forward thinking and supportive employer.
A Day in the life:
The working day usually starts at 8:30am, with a chance to make a coffee and get settled in before this. From the start you will be trusted with preparing draft accounts for small businesses with support from a whole team of accountants. This will take up the majority of each day but no day is ever the same as you will have regular communication from clients needing assistance with queries as well as internal opportunities for learning. Every client is different and you will be trained on how to use a variety of software to meet their unique requirements and needs. Beyond accounts, you will also carry out book keeping, prepare VAT returns and help out with ad hoc administrative tasks.
Any applicants should send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org