COVID-19 Business New Update
HMRC CHANGING THEIR FORMS
HMRC is creating new versions of their forms that do not depend on Adobe Reader. Whilst this work is in progress the following methods can be used to make sure the form will download or open in Adobe Reader:
- whatever browser you use, review your settings to make Adobe Reader the default program for opening PDF documents
- Windows users should right click on the form link then select ‘Save target as’ or ‘Save link as’
- Mac users should right click on the form link then select ‘Save linked file as’
- save the form – the recommended place is in the documents folder
- using Adobe Reader, you can open the form
If the form still does not open, then contact the Online Services helpdesks for more help.
TELL HMRC ABOUT AN OPTION TO TAX LAND AND BUILDINGS
Use form VAT1614A to tell HMRC of an option to tax land or buildings.
To help businesses during coronavirus (COVID-19) HMRC have made temporary changes to the time limit and how you notify an option.
The changes apply to decisions made between 15 February 2020 and 30 June 2020.
Before you start, check the changes to the time limit and how you notify an option to tax land and buildings.
This guidance will be updated when this change ends.
You should only complete this form to notify HMRC of your decision to opt to tax land and or buildings.
MOT CENTRE AND TESTER GUIDANCE
Rules on opening
Garage or MOT centres can open and carry out MOT tests.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) has published guidance for vehicle owners that says:
- they should still get an MOT if it expires before 30 March 2020
- if their MOT due date expires from 30 March 2020 it will be extended by 6 months
An MOT centre can stay open after 30 March 2020 to carry out MOTs if you need to. This could include retests or tests of a vehicle that had an MOT due before 30 March.
Garages can also stay open to carry out repairs or services as well.
KEEPING COURT AND TRIBUNAL BUILDINGS SAFE, SECURE AND CLEAN
This page provides details about security, cleaning and social-distancing arrangements in court and tribunal buildings during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
If coronavirus is impacting your business operations, we are here to help. Contact us today.
A simple, hassle free way to request a quote from AP Robinson & Co.
Simply fill in the form with your contact information and a brief description of the work you want carried out and we’ll then contact you directly - either by email, text message or a phone call for a friendly and informal chat about your requirements.